Through smart design choices we ensure our homes live up to the durability and reliability standards upon which we have built our business, while simultaneously optimizing energy efficiency and providing a healthier environment.
The result is an enduring home with green benefits both you and our community will benefit from for generations to come.
How do we measure how we are doing? Each Southern Development Homes house receives its own HERS rating (it’s like a home’s MPG for energy usage).
Here’s where the exciting news comes in. Southern Development Homes is pleased to announce our lowest HERS score to date…a “46” for one of our recent sales in Old Trail Village! This means that the house is deemed 54% more efficient by a third-party inspector than a standard house of the same dimensions.
What are some of the factors that contribute to such a strong HERS performance?
- Extremely tight construction and thermal barrier
- Highly efficient gas furnace heat-pump in zone 2 with the addition a media filter
- Highly efficient heat-pump water heater by GeoSpring
- Energy Star rated appliances
- 90% CFL bulbs in lieu of incandescent bulbs in lighting fixtures
Looking for an energy efficient new home? Contact our team today!