Southern Development is proud to feature one of our EarthCraft certified homes in the 2011 Parade of Homes, located at 827 Cole Street in the Belvedere neighborhood. “The Keswick” features a beautiful first floor master suite and the gourmet kitchen with stainless appliances, maple cabinetry and granite countertops but the unseen beauty may be in the energy savings.
EarthCraft certified homes offer greater efficiency – providing a healthy, comfortable home that reduces utility bills and protects the environment. Some of the features that contribute to optimum energy efficiency include:
- premium flash & batt insulation systems (combining fiberglass batt insulation with closed-cell spray foam to prevent air infiltration, as well as moisture and sound control).
- tight construction and ducts to seal the home
- Dual Fuel 90% efficient gas furnace with 2-Zone 14 SEER HVAC system
- High-performance, energy-efficienct double hung Low-E windows
- High efficiency water heater
- Programmable thermostats
- Energy Star® appliances & WaterSense® faucet fixtures
- Fresh Air Exchange Vents
- Low-VOC (volatile organic compound) paint
- 3rd party verification that the home is EarthCraft certified
Come visit us this weekend to see how we can incorporate these features into an energy efficient home built just for you! Please call 434-202-0422 for more information.